- What is a word that means you really want something?
- What can I say instead of I want?
- What is a feeling of great pleasure called?
- How do you describe good feelings?
- How do I stop wanting something?
- What is another word for strong desire?
- What is another word for passion?
- How do you express pleasure?
- What is the word when you want something really bad?
- Is desire positive or negative?
- How do you define love?
- How do you say I want in different ways?
- How do you say I love you in a special way?
- What does great pleasure mean?
- How do you describe someone who knows what they want?
- What is it called when you want everything to go your way?
- What’s a powerful word?
- What does it mean to want something?
- How do you say I want to formally?
What is a word that means you really want something?
Some common synonyms of want are covet, crave, desire, and wish.
While all these words mean “to have a longing for,” want specifically suggests a felt need or lack..
What can I say instead of I want?
Different ways to say “I want” in EnglishI feel like a pizza.I am in the mood for chocolate.I am craving a doughnut.I’m dying for a cup of coffee.I would like some water, please.Hit the spot.
What is a feeling of great pleasure called?
ecstasy. noun. a feeling of great happiness and pleasure, often sexual pleasure.
How do you describe good feelings?
1. HappyPleased — This word means between “happy” and “satisfied.” Very often, you’re pleased with a particular thing. … Cheerful — This is when someone is visibly happy. … Exuberant — This is like cheerful — but even stronger.Euphoric — When you’re intensely happy. … Merry — This is a little like cheerful.More items…•
How do I stop wanting something?
Take a step back. Breathe. If you’re feeling overwhelmed because you want something too much, then do something else to distract yourself. Get involved in other things that are also important to you.
What is another word for strong desire?
Synonyms & Antonyms of desireappetency,appetite,craving,drive,hankering,hunger,itch,jones.More items…
What is another word for passion?
Words related to passion temper, sentiment, rage, zeal, joy, resentment, warmth, excitement, dedication, intensity, fury, devotion, fervor, ardor, anger, feeling, spirit, affection, desire, lust.
How do you express pleasure?
Ways of expressing happiness and pleasure – thesaurushooray. interjection. mainly spoken a word that you shout to show that you are excited and happy about something.aah. interjection. … excellent. adjective. … lovely. adjective. … happily. adverb. … good for/on someone. phrase. … hallelujah. interjection. … good. adjective.More items…
What is the word when you want something really bad?
hope; languish; long for; pine; to want something very badly; yearn; have one’s heart set on.
Is desire positive or negative?
Desire has its positive and negative qualities. It can be productive and creative on one hand and obsessive and delusional on the other. Negative desire comes from wanting what is lacking when what is lacking is not necessarily what we authentically need.
How do you define love?
Some possible definitions of love include: A willingness to prioritize another’s well-being or happiness above your own. Extreme feelings of attachment, affection, and need. Dramatic, sudden feelings of attraction and respect. A fleeting emotion of care, affection, and like.
How do you say I want in different ways?
1. Different ways to say “I want”I could really do with … This phrase is almost like “I need.” … I feel like … … I’m in the mood for … … I really fancy … … I’d kill for … … I’m dying for … … I’m up for … … I’m really into …More items…•
How do you say I love you in a special way?
Cute Ways to Say “I Love You”I’m crazy about you.You’re my dream come true.You take my breath away.Since you’ve been around I smile a lot more than I used to.There is no one I’d rather steal blankets from.You’re my partner in crime.You look great today and every day.I’m jealous of people who get to see you every day.More items…•
What does great pleasure mean?
1 : a feeling of enjoyment or satisfaction I take great pleasure in reading. … 3 : something that pleases or delights It’s been a pleasure working with you.
How do you describe someone who knows what they want?
Resolute, Single-minded, driven, determined, committed, unswerving, dogged, unwavering, undeviating, purposeful, devoted, dedicated, tenacious, uncompromising, persevering, tireless, persistent, obstinate, stubborn, unyielding, intransigent, inflexible, could all be applied to such a person.
What is it called when you want everything to go your way?
A person who wants it his way can be called ‘dominating’ or a ‘leader’. … If the person wants it his way all the time, I call him not somebody I’d live with, and someone I would only visit with when I wanted to do the same thing he was doing that day.
What’s a powerful word?
What are Power Words? Power words are words that smart copywriters use to trigger a psychological or emotional response. They’re called “power words” because they are so persuasive that people simply can’t resist being influenced by them!
What does it mean to want something?
verb (used with object) to feel a need or a desire for; wish for: to want one’s dinner; always wanting something new. to wish, need, crave, demand, or desire (often followed by an infinitive): I want to see you.
How do you say I want to formally?
If it’s politeness you’re trying to achieve, you could say I would like to know. This transforms what might have been interpreted as a demand into a request. An alternative word would be enquire, such as in I would like to enquire.